I decided to BLOG to share with you, the reader/follower, my travels, politics, and humor. Whether you agree or not, or simply enjoy some of my posts, I would appreciate your comments. I have posted some of our vacation trips that include: NE US and Canada (1997); London(1998); Paris(1998); Germany(1999); Austria(1999); Italy(1999); Philly-DC (2000); France(2001); New York and PA (2008); Glacier NP,(2010); and Cruises: Caribbean(2002), Hawaii(2003), Panama Canal(2003), and Alaska(2004)

Thursday, February 5, 2009

New Press Secretary..

...you've got to be kidding me!

For the first time in a while, I tuned in to Fox News. Naturally, the subject had to do with the economy and I began to watch a press conference on the so called "stimulus" package. This was my first time to hear the new press secretary--a one Robert Gibbs.

Now folks, those that know me know that for many years(33 to be exact)I've worked for the same company. Likewise, during my career I have spent my fair share of standing and speaking to large audiences-even in various church positions. Even with that experience, I do not consider myself a "silver tongue" devil or a great public speaker. But, in my defense, just let me say I usually know the answers to the questions, I usually know the subject better than the attendees, and I usually keep the attention of the audience!

This guy Gibbs came up short in all three areas!

Was I expecting an articulate, sharp witted, very personal and knowledgeable press secretary such as the late Tony Snow? No--Tony was one of a kind and we still miss him. But was I expecting someone with at least fair speaking skills? You betcha! After all, the world pays attention when the US speaks and this guy speaks for the White House.

But to be fair, I did not hear all of his bull. I couldn't! You see, I simply can not listen for long to anyone who has a speech impediment! And he does. To me, anyone who has to say, "ah,ah,ah,ah," 3-4 times in every sentence loses my attention span very quickly! It's that simple!

Now, if you combine the continuous use of "ah" with truly not knowing the answer, this does make for a very poor and disappointing press conference. I really think part of Mr Gibbs problem is he's out of his league. He simply doesn't know the answers. That was very obvious.

So why this Blog post on the press secretary? Well, with the new Democratically controlled congress and White House so quick to spend our money, I just thought they would have set aside a few extra dollars and brought them a real press secretary--not a "want a be" that apparently some one during the primary owed a favor to.

Oh well, it's only money! Mine and yours (and generations to come)!

No comments: