I decided to BLOG to share with you, the reader/follower, my travels, politics, and humor. Whether you agree or not, or simply enjoy some of my posts, I would appreciate your comments. I have posted some of our vacation trips that include: NE US and Canada (1997); London(1998); Paris(1998); Germany(1999); Austria(1999); Italy(1999); Philly-DC (2000); France(2001); New York and PA (2008); Glacier NP,(2010); and Cruises: Caribbean(2002), Hawaii(2003), Panama Canal(2003), and Alaska(2004)

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Joe Horne Belated 58th--2011 (1-20) Milledgeville

Joe Horne and I share a common date--our birthday is on January 19th--he was born in 1953 and I in 1951. As has been the tradition for a few years, Carol (Joe's sister) has always baked Joe a chocolate pound cake--without frosting--just as their mother made growing up.
So, today Carol and I drove the Lariat (no rain in the forecast) down to Joe's marina in Milledgeville on Lake Sinclair and presented him with his annual pound cake! As for years past, Joe was delighted--as much to see his sister or as much as to get the pound cake--only Joe would know!
Having said that, I took the liberty to take a few photos of Carol, Joe, Brooks, and myself along with the marina. Here they are. Postscript--JoNell had the day off.

Carol & Joe
John & Joe--the birthday boys

John with the forklift
Boats in storage
Boat docked
Joes' motel next door
Carol wishing she had brought a light coat
Good looking boat
The dock in the distance
Advertising sign
Boats in storage at a different angle
Brooks on the Forklift
"Trouble" the yard cat

No comments: