I decided to BLOG to share with you, the reader/follower, my travels, politics, and humor. Whether you agree or not, or simply enjoy some of my posts, I would appreciate your comments. I have posted some of our vacation trips that include: NE US and Canada (1997); London(1998); Paris(1998); Germany(1999); Austria(1999); Italy(1999); Philly-DC (2000); France(2001); New York and PA (2008); Glacier NP,(2010); and Cruises: Caribbean(2002), Hawaii(2003), Panama Canal(2003), and Alaska(2004)

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

60th Birthday--The Best Yet--Thanks to Carol!!!

My 60th birthday arrived whether I was ready or not! As I have always said, getting older is better than the alternative.
To recap this most wonderful day and probably the best birthday ever--thanks to my dear wife--I first opened a beautiful card with the best love expressions known to me! Next, I opened my presents--a beautiful Mahogany cuff link display/collection case with new cuff links Carol really put some thought into which included: Stars and Strips; GOP Elephant; Guns; Hammer & Saw; Cameras; and Guitars! These were so me!! Also, Carol gave me the book I wanted titled: "Winners Never Cheat" by Jon Huntsman. All this in addition to the GPS Nuvii 1450T and case Carol gave me back in Boise during Christmas when we celebrated Derek and Maya's birthdays. Also, Carol paid for my massage last night with Tiffany--who extended from 1 hour to 1 and half hours!
After opening my unexpected gifts, we drove to Macon where we had lunch at Long Horn. The waitress Christi recognized me when I use to stop here almost weekly when travelling on Allstate business. She shared with the manager that it was my 60th birthday and I was a great customer--he brought our lunch--what a great guy. Carol had her usual shrimp and baked potato, I had my chicken fingers with rice and steamed veggies--all was great!
From there, my surprise was a tour of the Georgia Music Hall of Fame. This was great and something I had wanted to do for years but just never did! We spent at least 2 hours there and brought a charm, couple of tack pins, and a long sleeve tee for me.
On our way home, we stopped at the large Belk Department store at the new mall on SR 23--I found the black belt I had been looking for.
We arrived home around 5:30. Carol fixed me a great salad. I have received calls from the kids and Kaye. Plus, I received some 160 "Happy Birthdays" on Face Book.
What a great 60th Birthday. I must say, one of the best yet!


Cuff Link Case made of Mahogany
New cuff links along with Nuvii 1450T
New cuff links and some I already had!


The Happy Birthday boy!

A kiss from my lovely wife!
Even Mattie gives me a kiss!
At Long Horn in Macon
My chicken fingers with rice and vegies
Tutz in front of the Georgia Music Hall of Fame
John in front of Hall of Fame


Here are two very interesting instruments





No comments: